3 INGREDIENT DATE BALLS
All you need is three ingredients for these perfect little balls of energy.
prep time 5 mins total time 10 mins serves 6
- 1 cup medjool/halawi (175g) dates
- 2 tbsp cacao + extra for toppings
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut/chopped walnuts (30g) (or half of each) + extra for toppings
De-pit the dates and add to a food processor.
Add the cacao and nuts in with the dates, and blend until it all comes together in a lump.
Remove from the processor and divide into six. Roll into balls using the palm of your hands.
Pour a small amount of cacao powder and nuts into separate bowls. Roll each ball in your topping of choice.
Refrigerate to set and enjoy with a cuppa!
- These energy balls are easily customisable. Add in oats, dried fruits, different nuts, powders, whatever you fancy.
- They're wonderful as a dessert or a snack. I love having them pre-workout, or with a cup of tea mid-afternoon.