5 INGREDIENT BUDDHA BOWL
You only need 5 elements to make up a hearty buddha bowl, so get creative!
prep time 10-20 mins total time 10-20 mins serves 1
5 buddha bowl elements
MY BUDDHA BOWL EXAMPLE
- Brown rice
- Smoked tofu
- Red pepper
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Lemon juice
- Choose what individual ingredients from each element you'd like to fill your buddha bowl. Try your favourite ingredients and get creative with combinations!
- Cook up the grains, chop the veg and assemble into a delicious bowl. You can enjoy these kinds of bowls hot or cold.
- (Optional) Top with a dressing and maybe some seeds for a crunch!
- Buddha bowls are definitely my go-to lunch meal, as they're so easy to make and are just so delicious. I think it's the perfect combination between carbs, fats and proteins, with a healthy helping of vegetables, that makes it so tasty and satisfying.
- This is just one example of a buddha bowl that I would make for myself for lunch or dinner. Use it as an easy guide to make up your own!
- I always like to add some kind of condiment or dressing - although this is not essential to the bowl, it just adds some nice flavour. 99% of the time, I will top everything off with soy sauce/tamari, lemon/lime juice and some sriracha.