AUBERGINE AND EDAMAME NOODLES
These noodles are lazy, colourful and a bit different from your usual veggie stir fry.
prep time 5 mins total time 15 mins serves 3-4
- 200g soba noodles
- 1 aubergine
- 2 spring onions
- 1 cup (150g) edamame beans
- Handful of coriander
- Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Thumb of ginger, chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp water
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the ingredients together.
- Chop up the aubergine, coriander and spring onion.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil over medium to high heat and add in the aubergine. Fry until softened.
- Put the noodles on to cook according to the packet instructions.
- Turn the heat on the pan up high, add in the prepared sauce and edamame beans. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- The noodles should be cooked by now, so drain, rinse and add to the pan with the vegetables and sauce. Chuck in the coriander stalks and stir everything through until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve topped with the spring onions, coriander leaves and a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
- Use whatever your favourite vegetables are, or try adding tofu for some extra protein.
- I used soba noodles for this recipe because they are gluten free, but this would work with any noodles you fancy.
- Add some hot sauce or chopped chilli to the sauce for some heat!