CHICKPEA TUNA SANDWICH
No fish needed for this delicious sandwich filler, and it's just 5 ingredients!
total time 5-10 mins serves 4
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo (use olive oil if you don't have access to vegan mayo)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- More vegan mayo
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, and finely chop the onion.
- Blend together all of the ingredients in a food processor, leaving some lumps in there for texture.
- Spread in a sandwich (or wrap, or pita, or just go ahead and eat by itself on a spoon), and top with a classic mix of sliced cucumber, tomato and some crunchy lettuce. Top with some more mayo because, why not? And enjoy!
- This recipe should make about 4 sandwiches, but if you're greedy and want to stuff your sandwich like me, maybe it'll just make two or three.
- You can prep the chickpea tuna at the weekend and simply add to your sandwiches for school or work!
- If you're at home, why not spread this in a sandwich with some vegan cheese and toast it up in your toastie-machine (if you have one) for a veganised tuna melt! Thank me later.