OVEN-ROASTED CHIPS (WITH AVOCADO & LETTUCE)
Making your own homemade chips is super easy, and very cheap! Perfect in a lettuce wrap with some avocado.
prep time 5 mins total time 45 mins serves 2
- 1kg of potatoes (maris piper)
- 1 avocado
- Head of romaine lettuce
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220C or 420F.
- Slice your potatoes into chips and add to a mixing bowl.
- Drizzle over some olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and mix together thoroughly in the bowl to coat all the chips.
- Pour evenly onto a baking tray and bake in oven for 30-45 mins (or until crispy and golden), turning midway and keeping an eye on them.
- When the chips are nice and golden, serve with some romaine lettuce and avocado. Eat as lettuce wraps with a potato and avocado filling.
- This chip recipe can obviously be used to accompany any dish, I just wanted to show you a simple way I often enjoy my oven-roasted chips!
- Maris piper are my absolute favourite potatoes to use for chips, as they're so light and fluffy!
- Perfect as a sharing platter to enjoy with friends and family.
- This recipe only totals £1.80, keeping it under a £1 per portion at just 60p!