CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM PASTA
The creamiest of creamy pastas, and just 57p per portion!
prep time 5 mins total time 15 mins serves 4
- 300g penne pasta (£0.34)
- 1 red onion (£0.12)
- 4 garlic cloves (£0.07)
- 300g mushrooms (£0.82)
- Juice of half a lemon (£0.15)
- 1 cup (250ml) soy milk (£0.15)
- 2-3 tbsp tahini (£0.30)
- Handful of parsley (£0.30)
- Nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Put your penne on to cook according to packet instructions.
- Chop the red onion and add to a large pan with some oil. Pan fry until softened.
- Thinly slice and add the garlic to the red onion and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the mushrooms, then add to the pan. Stir them in occasionally until they start to shrink and soften.
- When the pasta is done, drain and add to the pan with the onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Pour in the soy milk and tahini, along with the parsley, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Stir everything together and enjoy!
- If you have access to soy cream, then you can switch out the soy milk and tahini combination for this (though it may be more expensive). I enjoy using ingredients I usually buy/have in my pantry to make things easier and more affordable over all, but it might be a nice option you can give a go!
- This would work well with all different varieties of pasta shapes, such as tagiatelle or spaghetti!
- The whole dish adds up to just £2.25, making it only 57p per portion!