CREAMY TOMATO TAGIATELLE
My absolute favourite pasta dish. And ready in under 20 mins!
prep time 5 mins total time 20 mins serves 4
- 250g tagiatelle (or linguine)
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 150g mushrooms
- 1/2-1 tsp chilli
- 400ml tin chopped tomatoes
- 125g vegan cream cheese (I get mine from Tesco)
- Zest and juice of a lemon
- Mixed herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of parsley/coriander
Put the pasta on to cook.
Chop and fry onion in some olive oil over a medium heat.
When the onion is translucent, chop and add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
Chop and add the mushrooms along with the chilli and fry for 5 minutes until everything is softened and cooked.
Add in tomatoes, cream cheese, mixed herbs, lemon zest and juice, and stir together.
By this point your pasta should be ready, so drain and add to the sauce.
Stir together, season with salt and pepper and serve with some parsley or coriander on top.
- This would work amazingly with a meat substitute instead of/alongside the mushrooms.
- Try this with linguine or spaghetti (or your favourite pasta) for a different texture.