EASY COUSCOUS SALAD
Affordable, quick and totally yummy, this salad is perfect for your weekly meal prep. And only 61p per portion!
prep time 5 mins total time 10 mins serves 4
- 100g dried couscous (£0.14)
1/2 tsp paprika, cumin, chilli
Salt and pepper
- 400g tin chickpeas (£0.50)
- 1 carrot (£0.06)
- 3 tomatoes (£0.54)
- 2 spring onions (£0.10)
- 1/3 iceberg lettuce (£0.15)
- 1/3 cucumber (£0.15)
- 2 tbsp tahini (£0.21)
- Juice of a lemon (£0.30)
- Handful of parsley (£0.30)
- Mix together the couscous, spices, salt and pepper into a bowl. Pour boiling water over the couscous until it is a thumbs width above, and cover with a plate.
- Leave the couscous to steam for around 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile drain and rinse the chickpeas, and prepare you vegetables. Grate the carrot and thinly slice the tomatoes, spring onions, lettuce, and cucumber.
- Check on the couscous, and if ready, remove plate and fluff with a fork. Leave to cool.
- Add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl, pouring over the tahini and the juice of the lemon.
- Serve by itself as an easy quick lunch, or top with some avocado or hummus.
- This is an amazing way to meal prep a filling, affordable and tasty lunch for the week. If you are meal prepping however, leave the tahini out of the recipe until the day you are eating. This will stop the salad ingredients from getting soggy.
- This is a perfect side dish for a BBQ, and would taste great alongside some veggie burgers.
- The whole dish adds up to just £2.45, making it only 61p per portion!