EASY FALAFEL BURGER
Chickpeas, spices, and herbs make these delicious vegan falafel patties.
prep time 5 mins total time 20-40 mins serves 4-5
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 green chilli
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp flaxmeal
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp each of cumin & paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup (20g) oats
- 400g tin chickpeas
- Burger bun
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and chilli and add into a food processor.
- Drain, rinse and dry the chickpeas and add to the processor, along with the remaining ingredients.
- Shape into 4-5 patties.
- Refrigerate until set (or fry now if in a rush).
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Cook the patties for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Once cooked, serve with a healthy helping of hummus, gherkins, rocket, and a drizzle of tahini inside a burger bun.
- You can alternatively bake these burgers in the oven for around 20 minutes at 180C or 350F, turning once in between.
- Shape the patties into smaller balls to make actual falafels.
- Double the recipe and freeze half of the batch to cook at a later date.