EASY VEGAN FRIED RICE
The perfect way to use up leftover rice and sneak in extra veggies.
prep time 5 mins total time 15 mins serves 2
- Half a block (200g) of tofu
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Thumb of ginger
- 1 carrot
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Leftover rice (approx. 2 cups)
- Splash of plant milk
- Juice of a lime/lemon
- Handful of spinach
- Drain and press the tofu.
- Chop the onion and add to a pan over medium heat with some olive oil.
- While the onion is cooking, chop the garlic and ginger, then add to the pan when the onion is translucent.
- Crumble in the tofu with your fingers, breaking it up into small pieces.
- Grate the carrot, then add into the pan along with the peanut butter, sriracha, maple syrup and soy sauce and stir together.
- Pour in the leftover rice with a dash of milk, lime juice and a handful of spinach and stir through.
- Fry over a high heat until the spinach has wilted and everything has cooked and warmed through.
- Try peppers, mushrooms, courgettes, broccoli, peas, sweetcorn or any other vegetables you have in the fridge.
- This meal would also work without the tofu as a tasty fried rice side dish.