GRILLED BALSAMIC PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
Meaty, rich and juicy, these portobello mushrooms will be the star of any BBQ.
prep time 1 hour 15 mins total time 1 hour 30 mins serves 2-4
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Wash mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Combine the garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, lemon juice, salt and pepper into a bowl.
- Evenly pour the mixture onto the mushrooms. Leave to marinate for around 1 hour (or overnight if you have the time).
- BBQ (or grill) for approximately 10 minutes, turning half way.
- Either serve whole, or slice them up like a steak and enjoy!
- If you like them more chargrilled, simply cook them for a bit longer on the BBQ.
- Keep in mind that this recipe is a side, so perfect for a BBQ!