SIMPLE TOMATO SOUP
This hearty tomato soup will hit all the right spots on a sick or rainy day.
prep time 5 mins total time 20 mins serves 4
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1L vegetable stock
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 400ml tins chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsbp tomato puree
- Small handful of basil
- Salt and pepper
Chop and fry onion in some olive oil over a medium heat.
When the onion is translucent, add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
Prepare the vegetable stock, chop the tomatoes and add to the pan along with the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree.
Stir and bring to a boil to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Add the basil, salt and pepper and blend the soup until completely smooth.
Serve hot with a side of chunky bread.
- Use a hand blender for your soups if you don't already own one - they're a life saver!
- If you don't have fresh tomatoes, simply leave them out. I add them in for extra flavour, but they aren't a necessity.
- Top with nutritional yeast for a cheesy kick.
- Why not try with a side of grilled cheese?