LEMON & SUNDRIED TOMATO SPAGHETTI
Simple dishes sometimes pack the biggest punch. Plus this is Alex's new favourite spaghetti!
prep time 5 mins total time 10 mins serves 2
- 250g spaghetti
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 4-6 sundried tomatoes
- Bunch of parsley
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- Nutritional yeast
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile prepare the remaining ingredients; juicing and zesting the lemon, chopping the parsley and slicing up the tomatoes.
- Once al dente, drain the pasta and return to the pan.
- Drizzle over a healthy glug of olive oil, and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Stir together, topping with some leftover parsley.
- Like many of my other recipes, the measurements in this recipe are a guide. But I would never measure out these ingredients, instead just eyeballing it. I recommend you throw in the amounts you like, adding more chilli if you like a kick, or using less lemon if you're not a fan of a strong lemon flavour for example. Start with less, adding more if it needs it, according to your taste.
- For a more budget-friendly alternative, switch out the sundried tomatoes for cherry tomatoes and the pine nuts for any other nuts (chopped up small).