LENTIL AND WALNUT SALAD
This filling summer salad packs 45g of protein!
prep time 5 mins total time 25 mins serves 1-2
- 100g green lentils
- Half a bag of rocket
- 1/2 cup (130g) butter beans
- 1 tbsp capers
- Sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (65g) chopped walnut
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sriracha (or any hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp syrup (we used date)
- Firstly, put the lentils onto cook according to packet instructions.
- While the lentils are cooking, mix the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
- Rinse the beans and add the rocket to a plate. Top with the lentils, beans, capers, sundried tomatoes and walnuts.
- Finally drizzle over lashings of dressing, putting any leftovers in a container in the fridge.
- I make this dressing for all kinds of salads and bowls. It is a great way to make veggies and salad taste even more delicious.
- Switch out the rocket for spinach, or the butter beans for chickpeas for a different spin on this salad.