LUNCH SALAD MASON JAR
The perfect and easy way to bring your lunch to work with you, dressing included!
prep time 10 mins total time 45 mins serves 2
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 400g tin black beans
- 1 red pepper
- Half a carrot
- 1 avocado
- Large handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp tamari/soy sauce
- Juice of a lemon
- 1-2 tsp sriracha
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into cubes.
- Line a baking tray and add the sweet potatoes. Drizzle over some olive oil, and sprinkle over the spices. Mix together with hands.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes at 200C or 300F, turning the potatoes halfway through.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the beans, chop the pepper and avocado, grate the carrot, wash the spinach and mix together the dressing ingredients.
- When the sweet potatoes are fully cooked, leave to fully cool.
- Layer up your mason jars with the dressing first so that the rest of the salad doesn't get soggy. Follow the dressing with your sweet potatoes as this will create a barrier between the dressing and other softer ingredients. Then add your beans, then your veg. Next, add the seeds and avocado. Finally add the spinach leaves and seal the lid.
- To serve, simply pour the ingredients out into a bowl or onto a plate. Use a spoon to scoop out any leftover dressing, and enjoy!
- This recipe can be followed and customised with any different ingredients you like! Just make sure to layer in this order: dressing, starch/grain, protein, veg, fats, salad. This way your salad will stay fresh for longer and can easily be stored in your fridge ready for eating.