Sweet and nutty granola, perfect for breakfast or as a snack.
prep time 5 mins total time 3 hours
- 2 cups (180g) whole oats
- 1 cup (125g) pecans
- 1/4 cup (30g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup (35g) sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50g) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup (160g) maple syrup
- 1 cup (175g) dried dates
Preheat oven to 160C/360F.
Mix together oats, pecans, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, maple syrup and melted coconut oil in a bowl (everything but the dates).
Line a baking tray, pour on mixture and put in the oven for 20-25 mins.
Meanwhile, chop up the dates into bite-size chunks. Halfway through cooking, add the dates to the granola.
Keep an eye until the granola looks golden brown (be careful as it can easily burn, and everyone's oven is different!).
Store in a jar or container and seal.
Serve with yoghurt and fruit, on top of a smoothie bowl, or enjoy as a snack straight out the jar!
- Get creative and use your favourite dried fruits and nuts in this granola. Anything goes!
- I haven't added a serving size as I have no idea, but this should last you a few weeks (depending on how much granola you eat haha)