MIXED BERRY OATMEAL
My favourite every day breakfast porridge.
prep time 5 mins total time 10 mins serves 1
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- 1 cup (250ml) plant milk
- 1 cup (235ml) water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Handful frozen mixed berries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Add oats, milk, water, chia seeds and cinnamon to a pan and continuously stir over a low heat.
- Pour the frozen berries into a separate pan and simmer over a low heat as the porridge cooks.
- Keep stirring the oats until all the liquid is absorbed and add to a bowl.
- Pour over the berries and a glug of maple syrup, and enjoy!
- This portion size can easily be adjusted according to your appetite, just make the ratio 1:2 oats to liquid.
- This is a basic recipe for porridge oats, so get creative with your favourite fruits, nut butters, seeds and sweeteners!
- Lazy person hack: add the berries into the oats, instead of a separate pan, to save washing up (it also makes it a very pretty purple colour).