ONE POT QUINOA CHILLI
Ideal for meal prep, this quinoa chilli is as simple as it is delicious.
prep time 5 mins total time 30 mins serves 4-6
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 red pepper
- 1 courgette
- 400g tin black beans
- 400g tin kidney beans
- 2 x 400ml tins chopped tomatoes
- 150g quinoa
- 500ml veg stock
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Chop your onion, garlic and chilli and add to a pan with some oil. Cook over medium heat until softened.
- Add the spices with a splash of water and stir together for a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, chop the red pepper and courgette, and drain and rinse the beans thoroughly.
- Add the vegetables and beans to the pan along with the tomatoes, quinoa, vegetable stock and tomato puree.
- Bring to a boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 15-25 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the chilli has thickened, stirring the chilli a few times in between as it cooks (so the quinoa doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan).
- Season with pepper and serve with avocado, coriander and a side of lime.
- Try this recipe out with your favourite beans and favourite vegetables. Chickpeas, sweetcorn, mushrooms, sweet potato and carrots would be some other great alternatives or additions to this recipe.
- If you have the time, cook the chilli for longer and the flavour will develop even more.