ONE-TRAY OVEN ROASTED VEGETABLES
Only one pan and five vegetables are needed for a super simple and nutritious lunch.
prep time 10 mins total time 40 mins serves 2
- 1 red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 large sweet potato
- Head of broccoli
1 tsp of cumin and paprika
1/2 tsp chilli
Salt and pepper
- Tahini, avocado or hummus
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Cut the red onion into wedges, the potato and pepper into chunks, and the broccoli into florets. Add everything to a baking tray.
- Sprinkle over the spices and salt and pepper. Drizzle over the olive oil, and mix together with hands.
- Add to the oven, and roast for 30 minutes, turning once in between.
- Serve hot or cold with a drizzle of tahini, or dipped into some mashed avocado or hummus.
- You can adapt this recipe to use whatever vegetables you like, or you have in your fridge. It's best to include a starchy vegetable such as potato or butternut squash to keep it filling if eating alone.
- Season with whatever spices you enjoy. Adding garlic and mixed herbs is another way of seasoning that I regularly use for roasted veg.
- Add to pasta, serve with some rice or some bean burgers to use this recipe as a tasty side dish.