RED LENTIL SOUP
A comforting and budget-friendly meal, perfect for meal prep.
prep time 10 mins total time 20-25 mins serves 2
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- 1 carrot
- 200g red lentils
- 4 tomatoes/400ml tin chopped tomatoes
- 1L vegetable stock
- Black pepper
- Chop the onion and garlic, add to a pan with some olive oil and fry until soft.
- Add the spices into the pan and fry for a minute or two. Add a splash of water if it needs it.
- Grate the carrot and add to the pan along with the tomatoes and lentils. Mix through.
- Prepare the vegetable stock and add into the pan. Stir through and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the lentils are cooked, half-blend with a hand blender.
- Serve with coriander and some black pepper.
- You can leave the soup totally unblended if you like, or fully blend it until smooth, depending on your preference. I like it somewhere in between!
- Add in any other vegetables, like spinach, courgette, or peppers for some added goodness.
- This is perfect to meal prep for work or school. Double the recipe and add a serving to an insulated flask for on-the-go!