SWEET & STICKY TOFU
Don't like tofu? Try this recipe and come back to me.
prep time 15-20 mins total time 30-40 mins serves 2-4
- Block (400g) of extra firm tofu
1 garlic clove
Thumb of ginger
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp soy sauce/tamari
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp sriracha
- Drain and press thoroughly. Do this overnight if you have the time (depending on the firmness of your tofu - the firmer the better).
- Meanwhile chops and mix together the remaining ingredients in a bowl, making sure to whisk the cornstarch in thoroughly.
- When the tofu is nice and firm with little water left, chop into cubes and add to the marinade.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and give the tofu a mix before adding to a pan over medium to high heat with a drizzle of oil.
- Spoon in the tofu, making sure to leave the remaining sauce for later.
- Fry the tofu until golden brown, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- When the tofu is ready, turn off the heat and pour over the remaining sauce for an extra sticky coating.
- Serve with brown rice, a side of broccoli, and a sprinkling of sesame seeds and spring onions.
- This tofu recipe will turn any tofu naysayer into a tofu lover.
- The firmer the tofu the better, so try and get your hands on a packet that is vacuum packed with less water, as this will taste more 'meaty'. If you only have access to tofu that comes in water, just make sure to press thoroughly so all of the water is removed.