SWEET POTATO AND CHICKPEA SALAD
A warming and spicy salad full of health and flavour.
prep time 10 mins total time 35-40 mins serves 2-3
- 2 sweet potato
- 1 tin chickpeas
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of hot water
- Preheat oven to 200C or 350F.
- Chop the sweet potato into cubes, drain and rinse the chickpeas, and add to a mixing bowl together with the spices and olive oil. Toss and mix through.
- Pour onto a lined baking tray and bake in oven for 30 mins. Take out and turn midway through.
- Meanwhile, make your dressing by mixing the ingredients together in a bowl.
- When the sweet potatoes and chickpeas are cooked, take out of the oven. Add a handful of rocket and spinach as the base to your salad, adding around a third to half of the sweet potato and chickpea mixture on top.
- Sprinkle over some pumpkin seeds and drizzle over the dressing.
- Try adding a dash of hot sauce to the dressing for some added spice.
- This is a great food to meal prep for your week. Bake the sweet potatoes and chickpeas, prepare the dressing, and add to a salad or wrap during the week.