THAI SWEET POTATO & CARROT SOUP
Sweet, creamy and warming, you'll be making this soup time and time again.
prep time 5 mins total time 20 mins serves 4-6
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Thumb of ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 large/2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 large/2 small carrots
- 500ml veg stock
- 400ml tin cocout milk
- Juice of a lime
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the onion, garlic and ginger, and add to a pot with a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Cook until softened.
- Add in the spices, along with a splash of water if it needs it, and fry for a couple of mins.
- Meanwhile, chop up the sweet potato and carrots into cubes.
- Add in the sweet potato and carrots, coating in the spices.
- Pour over the veg stock and coconut milk, stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to simmer until the vegetables are soft.
- When everything is cooked, add in the stalks of the coriander, juice of a lime, salt and pepper. Blend.
- Taste, adjust seasoning and serve topped with coriander leaves and a side of bread or rice.
- It might seem odd to eat soup with rice, but it is one of my favourite things to have with soup, especially Asian-style soups.
- If you prefer more liquid-y soup, add some more water to make it your desired consistency.