Forget BLT, try a TLT! Vegan, high in protein and simply delicious!
prep time 5 mins total time 25 mins serves 2
- Block (400g) of tofu
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha (or any hot sauce)
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices granary wholemeal bread
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- Vegan mayo
- Pre-heat oven to 190C/375F. Drain and press the tofu.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the bacon tofu ingredients. Taste and adjust the flavour.
- Slice the tofu thinly, and line a baking tray.
- Cover each tofu slice in the sauce mixture and place on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the tofu is baking, slice the bread, tomato, avocado and lettuce ready for the sandwich to be assembled.
- When the tofu is cooked, load up the sandwich with some vegan mayo, the tofu, tomato, avocado, lettuce and ketchup. Slice and enjoy!
- Try this tofu out on a rice bowl, in a wrap, on top of a salad or with anything else you fancy! It is a great and easy meat replacement.
- If you're worried about getting enough protein on a vegan or vegetarian diet, tofu is a great high protein food!