TOFU VEGETABLE STIR FRY
A regular in our household, this simple stir fry is a quick and easy mid-week dinner.
prep time 10 mins total time 20 mins serves 2-3
- Block (400g) of tofu
- 1 red onion
- Thumb of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli
- Coconut oil
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 orange pepper
- Handful of mushrooms
- Head of broccoli
- 300g wholewheat noodles
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 head pak choi
- 2 spring onions
- 1 lemon
- Drain and press the tofu.
- Chop the red onion, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan over a medium to high heat and add in the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli. Fry for around five minutes until softened.
- While that is frying, chop up the peppers, mushrooms, tofu and broccoli and then add them to the pan. Add a splash of water if it needs it.
- Put your noodles on to cook following the packet instructions.
- Add the soy sauce, syrup, sriracha, apple cider vinegar into the pan and give a good stir.
- Chop up the pak choi and spring onions.
- Keep stirring the tofu and veg in the pan, and when they're cooked (around five to ten minutes), finally add in the pak choi and noodles. Mix everything together until combined and the pak choi has wilted.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of spring onion, coriander and sesame seeds.
- The measurements for the sauces are a guide, but I never actually measure these out. In the video you can see that I just glug these ingredients in. So add as much as you like of each, according to your taste preference.
- Use whichever noodles are your favourite, we usually go for wholewheat or rice noodles.
- As always, get creative with the ingredients, adding whatever vegetables you have in your fridge. We mix it up every time.