VEGAN POTATO SALAD
This fresh and easy potato salad will become a staple for your summer BBQs and dinner parties.
prep time 15 mins total time 20 mins serves 4-6
- 750g new potatoes
- Bunch of chives
- Bunch of parsley
- Juice and zest of whole lemon
- 3-4 tbsp vegan mayonaise
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the potatoes and chop into approx one inch sized cubes.
- Add to some lightly salted water in a pan. Bring to the boil and simmer until tender (approx 10-15 mins).
- Meanwhile, chop the chives and parsley, zest and juice the lemon.
- When the potatoes are cooked, drain and leave to steam in colander for around 5 minutes to cool down.
- Add to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Store in fridge to serve with your BBQ or as a side for your meal, or serve immediately.
- If you don't have access to vegan mayo then you can sub this for olive oil. Just make sure to whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice and mustard before adding the remaining ingredients. This will ensure that the olive oil doesn't emulsify with the lemon and mustard, making the final salad mixture bitty.
- You can also sub the parsley for coriander or dill, and the chives for finely sliced spring onions.
- This tastes delicious served warm immediately after you've made it, but even better (in my opinion) cold after its been refrigerated.