EASY VEGAN PESTO PASTA
With cashews instead of pine nuts, this pesto is more affordable and completely dairy-free.
prep time 5 mins total time 15 mins serves 2
- 250g pasta
- Sundried tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- Bunch of basil
- 1/3 (40g) cup cashews
- 1/4 cup (10g) nutritional yeast
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Drizzle of olive oil
- To make the pesto, simply blend the pesto ingredients together. Taste and adjust the seasoning accordingly.
- Put the pasta on to boil.
- When the pasta is cooked, turn the heat off, drain and add back into the pan.
- Over a very low heat, stir in the pesto and add a large handful of spinach. Keep stirring until the spinach has wilted and the pesto is mixed. Add a dash of water if needed.
- Serve with some extra black pepper and some extra nutritional yeast.
- Double the recipe and save half the pesto in a jar in the fridge for another day.
- Try adding sundried tomatoes or fresh cherry tomatoes on top for a sweet addition.