ONE POT NOODLE STIR FRY
Just one pot is needed for this extra easy and colourful noodle dish.
prep time 5 mins total time 10-15 mins serves 2
- 1 red onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- Thumb of ginger
- Handful of mushrooms
- 2 heads of pak choi
- Handful of sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cube veg stock
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 nests (approx 90g) vermicelli rice noodles
- Chop the onion, garlic and ginger and add to a pan with a drizzle of oil. Fry over medium to high heat until softened.
- Meanwhile, chop the mushrooms and pak choi. Add to the pan along with the sugar snap peas.
- Add in the soy sauce, maple syrup, vegetable stock, sesame oil and sriracha (no need to measure, just eyeball it, taste and adjust) and stir through together.
- Place the noodle nests under everything at the base of the pan, adding a splash of water and covering with a lid.
- Leave to cook for around 3 minutes. Remove lid, stir through together, checking everything is cooked.
- Serve with coriander and lime.
- Use whatever vegetables you enjoy, or try adding some tofu or vegan meat replacements.
- Vermicelli rice noodles are a great fast noodle option, as they only take a few minutes to cook. I recommend 2 nests of noodles for this recipe, but use however many you like according to your taste and appetite.
- As mentioned in the method, don't worry about measuring out the sauce ingredients carefully. Cooking is about throwing things in, tasting, adjusting, and getting a feel for how you enjoy your food. I've added measurements as a guide for beginners, but I highly encourage you to experiment with it.