PEANUT CHOC BREAKFAST BARS
Chocolatey peanuty breakfast bars (that you can eat any time of the day, not just breakfast).
prep time 5 mins total time 3 hours serves 8
- 2 cups (180g) whole oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup (175g) medjool dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup (80g) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60g) peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp cacao (or cocoa) powder
Preheat oven to 180C/350F. Grease and line a baking tray.
Add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix together with your hands (or a spoon but I like to use my hands).
Add the mixture into the baking tray and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
Bake in oven for 15-20 mins. Once cooked, leave to completely cool before cutting into 8 slices.
- These may be 'breakfast bars' but I eat them whenever. I usually have them as a snack as they aren't enough for breakfast alone. They're also a great pre or post workout snack.
- If you are to eat them with breakfast, make sure to accompany them with something else, as they aren't enough for breakfast by themselves. They go great with a bowl of fruit and yoghurt or a smoothie.