VEGAN PROTEIN OATS
Chocolate, peanut butter and fruit filled oatmeal
prep time 10 mins total time 30 mins serves 2
- 1 cup (90g) oats
- 2 cups (500ml) plant milk
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter (+ more for topping)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (+ more for topping)
- 1 tbsp cacao/cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Handful frozen raspberries
- Half a banana
Stir the oats and milk into a pan over low to medium heat.
Add in the peanut butter, chia seeds, cacao powder and maple syrup and stir together. Keep stirring until the oats are fully cooked.
When ready, pour in a bowl and top with some frozen fruit, half a banana and some extra peanut butter and chia seeds.
- Add in some vegan protein powder to your oats to up the protein factor even more.
- The key to perfect, creamy oats is to try and not let the oats reach a boil, keeping the heat low and the oats moving. This may take longer, but the wait is worth it!