TOFU BREAKFAST TACOS
If you're not a sweet breakfast fan, these tofu tacos are the perfect option for you.
prep time 5 mins total time 20-25 mins serves 2-4
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper
- 400g tin black beans
- Block (400g) of tofu
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Pinch of chilli
- Salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- Handful of coriander
- Corn tortillas
- Chop your onion and garlic, adding to a pan along with a drizzle of olive oil, over medium to high heat. Fry until soft.
- Slice your red pepper, drain the tofu, and drain and rinse your black beans.
- When the onion and garlic are cooked, add in the spices to the pan and stir. Add a dash of water if it needs it.
- Add in the pepper and crumble in the tofu with your hands.
- Stir through until everything is thoroughly mixed, and add the soy sauce and black beans.
- Chop the coriander, adding the stalks to the pan and saving the leaves for topping.
- Keep stirring the scramble as it cooks (5-10 mins).
- Prepare your toppings: heat the tortilla wraps in the microwave or oven, slice up your avocado and lime.
- When the tofu scramble is cooked, spoon into the wraps, topping with avocado, coriander, a dollop of salsa, and a squeeze of lime.
- I don't bother pressing tofu if I am using it for scramble, as it doesn't need to hold its shape. The excess water will evaporate off as you cook it.
- While this is technically a breakfast recipe, I think it's perfect for brunch at the weekend, lunch or dinner.
- This tofu scramble would also taste delicious with a side of crispy potatoes.